The 2021 SAC AGM will be held remotely via Zoom at 1300h EDT.
Reference the 2020 SAC Annual Reports to be accepted here.
Agenda for the 2021 SAC AGM
1 - Opening of AGM and welcome
- Sylvain Bourque, SAC-ACVV Eastern Zone Director and President
- Introduction of SAC-ACVV Board
2 – Sylvain Bourque be appointed as Chair of the AGM and Pavan Kumar as the recording secretary
3 - Motion #1: The proposed 2021 AGM agenda be accepted
4 - Motion #2: The minutes of the 2020 AGM be accepted.
5 - Presentation of reports:
- President’s Report – Sylvain Bourque
- Zone Director election results for Pacific, S-Ontario and Eastern – George Domaradzki - Safety Report – David Donaldson
- FTSC Report - Dan Cook
- Sporting Committee Report - Joerg Stieber
- Treasurer’s Report - 2020 SAC financial report and 2021 SAC budget – Jay Allardyce
6 - Motion #3: The Frouin Group will be appointed to audit the 2021 SAC-ACVV financial statements.
7 - Motion #4: The 2021 budget with its associated membership fee schedule be accepted. 8 - Motion #5: The activities and decisions of the SAC-ACVV Board for 2020 be approved.
9 - New Business/Misc
10 - Trophies and awards - Bruce Friesen
Dear Soaring Friends,
The Soaring Association of Canada 2020 Annual General Meeting will be held at the date and time as per the formal Notice of Meeting:
Soaring Association of Canada 2020 Annual General Meeting:
Date: Saturday, March 21, 2020 Time: 10:30 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time
The AGM will now be held by teleconference.
- Information for teleconference participation (link, system, process) will be provided to each Member Club later this week.
- Each Member Club is encouraged to participate in the meeting, by having a club representative join the teleconference.
- Those clubs which will not participate are requested to assign their proxies to a teleconference participant (Zone Directors are available to carry proxies).
- Participants will be encouraged to dial in to the teleconference 15 minutes ahead of the formal meeting start time, to ensure things can proceed smoothly.
- There is some limited capacity for additional Canadian soaring community members to participate, in addition to the one designated representative for each Member club. If there are others who wish to participate, please communicate that to your Zone Directors, who can then share the requisite information.
The Awards Luncheon and Safety Seminar remain cancelled.
The SAC 2019 Annual Reports package will be posted to the SAC website immediately prior to the meeting, although it will remain 'draft' until acceptance during the meeting of the 2019 Financial Report and 2020 Budget.
The SAC Board regrets losing the opportunity for direct interaction with our membership. Be safe out there!