Minutes from the SAC BOD meeting from 2022 12 13 are now available: https://t.co/ylbs2iOT7L
Draft reports for the AGM are available here..
David Donaldson will provide the Zoom account to clubs - look for the login details from your club.
All times EST
Saturday, March 19th
1-2 SAC AGM
2-2:30 David Donaldson, National Safety Officer,
introduction to the Howspace and online resources such as instructor recurrency material
strategies to help us safely recover from the pandemic
2:30-3:00 Great Canadian flights:
Chester Fitchett will share his 1600km wave flight experience from CuNim on 16 October 2021.
Trevor Florence will share his 1000km flight soaring the Rockies from Invermere on 12 July 2021.
3:00-3:30 Dan Cook introduction to virtual reality headsets, flight simulation and training considerations.
3:30-4:00 International great flight:
Abbey and Terry Delore will share their story of flying the length of New Zealand: North and South Island.
4pm End of program, informal chat
The Soaring Association of Canada has decided to hold its Annual General Meeting on March 25, 2023 at the Canada Aviation and Space Museum in Ottawa.
The AGM will take place in the morning. After lunch, there will be a few presentations. Then, we plan on having a tour of the Reserve Hangar, which is normally closed to the public.
SAC members will have free access to the museum and free parking. So, mark this date on your calendar. It's been a while since we've gotten together.
The Soaring Association of Canada is pleased to announce a new office administrator - Tom Coulson, SOSA.
Tom is a stalwart contributor to the sport of soaring in Canada, from is base of operations at SOSA between Cambridge and Hamilton, ON.
Dear Soaring Friends,
The Soaring Association of Canada 2020 Annual General Meeting will be held at the date and time as per the formal Notice of Meeting:
Soaring Association of Canada 2020 Annual General Meeting:
Date: Saturday, March 21, 2020 Time: 10:30 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time
The AGM will now be held by teleconference.
- Information for teleconference participation (link, system, process) will be provided to each Member Club later this week.
- Each Member Club is encouraged to participate in the meeting, by having a club representative join the teleconference.
- Those clubs which will not participate are requested to assign their proxies to a teleconference participant (Zone Directors are available to carry proxies).
- Participants will be encouraged to dial in to the teleconference 15 minutes ahead of the formal meeting start time, to ensure things can proceed smoothly.
- There is some limited capacity for additional Canadian soaring community members to participate, in addition to the one designated representative for each Member club. If there are others who wish to participate, please communicate that to your Zone Directors, who can then share the requisite information.
The Awards Luncheon and Safety Seminar remain cancelled.
The SAC 2019 Annual Reports package will be posted to the SAC website immediately prior to the meeting, although it will remain 'draft' until acceptance during the meeting of the 2019 Financial Report and 2020 Budget.
The SAC Board regrets losing the opportunity for direct interaction with our membership. Be safe out there!
The 2021 SAC AGM will be held remotely via Zoom at 1300h EDT.
Reference the 2020 SAC Annual Reports to be accepted here.
Agenda for the 2021 SAC AGM
1 - Opening of AGM and welcome
- Sylvain Bourque, SAC-ACVV Eastern Zone Director and President
- Introduction of SAC-ACVV Board
2 – Sylvain Bourque be appointed as Chair of the AGM and Pavan Kumar as the recording secretary
3 - Motion #1: The proposed 2021 AGM agenda be accepted
4 - Motion #2: The minutes of the 2020 AGM be accepted.
5 - Presentation of reports:
- President’s Report – Sylvain Bourque
- Zone Director election results for Pacific, S-Ontario and Eastern – George Domaradzki - Safety Report – David Donaldson
- FTSC Report - Dan Cook
- Sporting Committee Report - Joerg Stieber
- Treasurer’s Report - 2020 SAC financial report and 2021 SAC budget – Jay Allardyce
6 - Motion #3: The Frouin Group will be appointed to audit the 2021 SAC-ACVV financial statements.
7 - Motion #4: The 2021 budget with its associated membership fee schedule be accepted. 8 - Motion #5: The activities and decisions of the SAC-ACVV Board for 2020 be approved.
9 - New Business/Misc
10 - Trophies and awards - Bruce Friesen
The following Soaring Association of Canada events have been cancelled:
- SAC Annual Trophies and Awards Luncheon (previously scheduled for 12:00 noon on March 21, 2020
- SAC Safety Seminar (previously scheduled for 13:00 to 16:00 on March 21, 2020
(The SAC 2020 AGM, for which notice was issued for March 21 at 10:30 at the Canadian Museum of Flight, Langley, is under discussion by the SAC Directors. As of now, it has not been formally postponed.)
We deeply regret this decision. The Directors have been most gratified by the level of interest from our soaring friends in the Pacific Zone for these events. Thank you all for your enthusiasm and support.