The Soaring Association of Canada represents the interests of glider pilots and gliding clubs in Canada with a mandate to promote, enhance and protect the sport of soaring. Through a variety of committes and programs, SAC provides support to clubs and glider pilots throughout the country.
SAC offers programs and services such as:
- Representation, on a national level, for issues relating to licensing, medical requirements, airspace and regulation of our sport
- Youth bursaries to encourage young people to become involved in soaring
- Financial support to clubs to assist with marketing and publicity in their communities
- Training and development of instructors
- Safety programs and safety seminars
- Representation with the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale and the International Gliding Commission
- Group insurance plan covering aircraft and airfields
- "free flight" quarterly magazine
- Financial support to pilots representing Canada in international competitions
SAC maintains a head office in Ottawa. A volunteer Board of Directors made up of representatives from all regions of the country steers the organization. SAC is registered as a Canadian amateur athletic association with the CRA, an agency of the Government of Canada. For more information about SAC, please contact us through any of the channels shown below.